The City of Roses aka Visby

Gotland is also referred to as the island of ruins and roses which is quite self-explanatory. The next day we got the opportunity to explore and get to know the biggest most historical significant city on the island. My first impression was that the entire city is just a scenery and that we are just on a Hollywood set. It feels surreal, because it's so beautiful. Simply too good to be true! The city is filled with impressive ruins, beautiful churches and lovely flowers. It put a spell on me..



The Botanical Garden of the city has one numerous prices and hosts many exciting events, such as little concerts and dance nights.


Salmbär is very characteristic for Gotland and is related to the blackberry. 




2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am amazed!!! Such a fantastic place, really outstanding! I loved the pictures of houses and that rose, it's fabulous! I am really impressed, this place is a dream, you are right, like a Hollywood set! I would love to visit this place!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Looks like a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete