Venetian Town in Croatia - Zadar


First things first some facts about this beautiful city:

                                              1. the 5th largest city in Croatia
                                              2. situated at the Adriatic Sea 
                                              3. population of around 75,000
                                              4. historical center of Dalmatia
                                              5. the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Zadar
                                              6. city with rich history dating from the prehistoric times to the present


Arriving in Zadar, this view of the ocean was the first impression we got from the historical intriguing city, it's absolutely stunning!


Without any clue or knowledge of the city we walked along the sea side until we saw a huge square. Simply following our instincts we explored the town by ourselves without any guide or map.






In a cafe we asked where the best and most traditional restaurant of the city is and they led us to this restaurant "Foša" directly at the water. 


The restaurant was fantastic, firstly they didn't bring us the usual menu but rather a tablet, where you could chose between numerous languages. Then they brought a whole variety of savory bread with different kinds of olive oil and vinegar from local areas around the city. What I have noticed in Croatian restaurants, is that they bring out a platter of fresh fish for the guest to chose from. 


I went for some kind of fish and spinach cream.


Zadar's "Kopnena vrata" aka Landward Gate with the lion of Saint Mark, a symbol of the Republic of Venice.



Thank you for reading and following me around this trip to Zadar!

28 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks so pretty!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post dear! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Looks like a wonderful place

    Made in MauveBloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures !

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Zadar looks gorgeous! I love your photos, it just captures the beautiful essence perfectly <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. amaaazing! i have to book a getaway!!! uuugghh


    New on JON THE GOLD - BLOG :
    'Iconic 501'
    Greets Jon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what a BEAUTIFUL place! And even better it's by the sea. You really captured beautiful photos of the city and it's so perfect we can appreciate the beauty and the architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been there! Loved this place!
    Dora NEW POST on Bangs Bang | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning photos, I love the architecture of the buildings. I would love to visit here someday :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome photos! And the architecture is just so stunning! Adding this place to my bucket list <3

    Flash Tattoo Giveaway!
    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks combination of suitable and useful information and well-written sentences that will certainly entice your sense.There are so multiple comments here that are really entertaining and conducive to me thanks for sharing a link especially for sharing this blog.
    Business Sportriats |

    Minds Health |

    Scopar Health |

    4orce 4 Health |

    Health Talking |

    Jarrow Health |

    My Xtra Health |

    Health Talking |

    Health e Tarians |

    Health Contractor |

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is definitely an amazing project here. So much good will be coming from this project. The ideas and the work behind this will pay off so much.
    KS Technology |

    The Smart Technology |

    Logi Technology Online |

    Pro Cell Technology |

    Sever River Technology |

    HPP Hardware |

    The Technology Network |

    Technology Management |

    Times & Technology |

    SSP E-Business |

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is definitely an amazing project here. So much good will be coming from this project. The ideas and the work behind this will pay off so much.londonreusebusiness.net |

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand.accidentdamagedcars.net |

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the way you described the topic with such clarity. Thanks for Describing Everything.naturalstylehome.net |

    ReplyDelete
  17. You need to take part in a contest for one of the finest websites online. I'm going to recommend this web site!dialogssoftware.net |

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like you recommendation. Your recommendation is of well use to people. A great article post, this is something very interesting. I really appreciate your post.globalhealthrights.net |

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic work and very well-written article. I will recommend reading it to all my friendsencryption-software.org |

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand.mihomenergy.org |

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very good and informative article indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views. I hope to see more informative and useful articles in future.top7business.org |

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers oered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..Auto Nomyla |

    ReplyDelete
  23. You need to take part in a contest for one of the finest websites online. I'm going to recommend this web site!dadabhaitravel.org |

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like you recommendation. Your recommendation is of well use to people. A great article post, this is something very interesting. I really appreciate your post.ftmrealestate.org |

    ReplyDelete