Japanese Tea House


Drinking water is the most important and essential thing in the world, although many people don't considered it the same way. Water is vital for all known forms of life and covers 71% of the Earth's surface. Also the human body contains around 60% water, so to function properly, our body requires 1 to 7 liters of water in order to avoid dehydration. I wanted to emphasize this again, even though I'm sure you have heard this a million times, but drinking sufficient water can be challenging for many people, including me. 

Therefore, to make it easier I like to switch it up with tea, flavored hot water! Lately I have been really into drinking tea and trying different flavors, green tea, chai tea, white tea etc. There are so many delicious and health beneficial teas. And when I saw this little tea room & shop in the city I just had to check it out, because you don't stumble across tea houses everyday, especially not in Hungary.




The interior decoration is kept Japanese and the atmosphere was so calming and relaxing. For me, Aesthetics are so important to feel good and comfortable. Entering this tea room, it felt like a whole other world. It's situated in the centre of city, close the Basilica. You would think the noise of traffic and people would seek through, but quite the contrary. You can really let yourself go and restore after a long day of walking/shopping/sight seeing.


Despite serving tea, they also sell tea and tea sets, which are made in Japan.


Their tea selection ranges from cherry leaves tea to sencha green tea and they even had Matcha! I was so hyped about that, because I have heard so much about it and I have always wanted to try it. However I couldn't find it in stores here in Budapest. Matcha is finely milled green tea powder and has a very rich bitter sweet taste. 


They had plain matcha and moreover a whole other assortment of variations, like matcha cappuccino, matcha latte, matcha lemonade, matcha milk shake etc. It was insane! They even offered green tea cheese cake and green tea macaroons! Hence if you're green tea or simply tea fanatic, go to this place! It's not a suggestion, it's a command! You NEED to try it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment